Monday, November 10, 2008

Pondering

I used to ponder too much and get down in the dumps about stupid things. I guess now I just feel that every time I think I might do this or get somewhat depressed, I look at my little boy and the world just seems right. I know this is sappy, but I feel like God has definitely kept me on this earth for a purpose and I've never felt more at peace about what His will is for me than now.

I've always wanted to be a Mother, and a wife, but until Robert Graham was born I never realized how the "stuff" doesn't even matter. I went to the mall today and thought if I didn't have Lil' Bob it would be easier to shop, however, my final conclusion was, that because I have him, there isn't a darn thing I want! :) I have everything I need. I have almost everything I can think of materially to want. I don't have an official paying job, but I have the BEST job in the entire world. I have the responsibility, but also, I have the opportunity to be a Mother and that is the most wonderful, most satisfying job I've ever done.

Sometimes people ask me if I miss teaching. The answer is two-fold. 1. Yes, I miss the students and the impact that I hope I made on them. 2. No, absolutely not, because I would not trade ONE smile, not one look of happiness, not even ONE tear that comes from Robert for teaching. I wouldn't trade him for a million trillion dollars. I wouldn't trade him for ANYTHING. It's amazing the love that God shows you through your child. I actually see a truly new facet of who God is by being a Mom.

Weird, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So so so TRUE!! The minute I may feel down or bored or something, Meghan just cracks me up! I love playing with her, and she cuddles so sweetly sometimes.. they go through the cutest stages and always seem to just get cuter and sweeter (aside from the tantrums she throws!) :) Hope it won't be too long before we meet Robert!