Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Goodbye 3s!


RG, Mommy loves you.  I want you to know that some people say that there are "terrible twos" and sometimes that happens when a child turns three.  It's not always true.  For us, there were only terrific twos and tremendously happy threes!  You have been a joy and a blessing even in your sinful state.  There are so many more things for us to learn!  Sometimes I'm not sure if you are the teacher, or I am!  There are truly not words for how much you mean to me and how much I love you.  I believe you will probably never understand until you have children of your own.

Threes were full of:

Blocks, trains, bikes, butterflies and nets, construction vehicles, legos, math games, literacy, 10 Commandments, the Lord's Prayer, over 100 verses (you memorized them!), laughter, humor, joy, Bible Stories (your favorites always included swords-- like Goliath), books, books, books, paint, markers, chalk, dry-erase boards, letters (you were always building a nest (N.E.S.T.) because you said you were a duck-- and loved the rain for the same reason, you were irrevocably attached to NEMO-- your stuffed fish, we named our new fish Nemo (after Charlie and Charlie 2 died) who was a Beta fish, and you loved ALL things stuffed!  I could go on, but these were your favorite things.

You still cannot get enough "Daddy time" and love Piper, our dog.  You've recently, since Mommy became pregnant, have to take a nap in Mommy's bed with her.  (And it's kept you dry I might add! "No peeing in Mommy's bed!")  I don't mind.  I love cuddling with you!  I have to get my hugs and kisses while Daddy is gone!  Daddy hogs them when he's here!  :)

I love you, you are a joy to my heart and God has given you to me as a balm for my soul.  I know you are His and you will one day become a child of His kingdom because of His covenant promises.  Love you my baby,

Mommy

1 comment:

Reagan and Kara Marsh said...

Robert Graham, your mama and I love you more than we can put into words, buddy. We are so proud of how you're growing big and strong, and my prayer for you is that (just like Jesus) you will grow in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.

It is our delight to raise you to be who God is forming you to be.

We're resting in covenant promises made by a sovereign Father: that he will be our God, and our children's God after us.

Your Mommy and Daddy love you very much!